With its decentralization and anonymity, blockchain is emerging as a revolutionary technology in the financial field that could radically change the way apps are developed
No one can deny the fact that mobile apps have transformed people’s lives. There is an app for everything, whether you want to travel, purchase groceries, meals, speak or carry out a banking task.
Mobile apps have surpassed the social standards beyond expectations as everything you need is available at your fingertips. Moreover, hundreds of new apps are rolling out daily that have the potential to significantly alter the world.
Mobile apps have seemingly captured a foothold in every domain of every industry on the planet. With its decentralization and anonymity, blockchain is emerging as a revolutionary technology in the financial field that could radically change the way apps are developed.
In this article, Appy Pie explains how mobile apps have changed people’s lives.
Which Apps are having the Most Impact on People’s Lives?
Smartphones and apps are becoming an essential part of people’s lives. From ordering a meal, shopping online and ordering a taxi, to arranging a cleaner for your home — mobile apps have had a big impact on how many businesses operate.
Here are the types of apps that are having the most impact on people’s lives:
With the advent of online banking, apps can now facilitate an increasingly growing list of complicated financial functions. With the introduction of digital assets and blockchain, money, equities, bonds, titles, deeds, contracts, and virtually all other kinds of assets can be moved and stored securely, privately through the blockchain. Blockchain has the potential to redefine how transactions that require an intermediary fundamentally operate. Blockchain replaces the central system of banks with a decentralized ledger of chained records.
Online Shopping and Food Delivery Apps
Blockchain technology can be used to address online shopping businesses’ requirements by combining transactions in the form of blocks. Every block is saved across a vast network of computers; thus making it secure, scalable and reliable. Blockchain transactions also feature strong verification measures, with multiple checks performed to ensure that transactions are genuine.
Blockchain could therefore be used to create digital contracts to track food delivery orders, and allow customers to get their money back quickly and easily if they have issues with their order, as well as enhancing the current delivery/app model — by verifying the reliability and quality of delivery drivers.
As well as this, cryptocurrency payments are also likely to be incorporated with mobile payment apps as wider adoption takes place in the coming years. This is why retail app development is growing at record pace. Developers are in demand more than ever and this is only going to increase, especially when it comes to blockchain applications in the retail space.
Blockchain also has a wide range of applications and uses for healthcare applications. Decentralised ledger technology could be used to facilitate the secure transfer of patient medical records, manage the supply chain of medication and help healthcare researchers communicate in a trustless environment. Blockchain technology allows you to do everything from securely encrypting patient data to managing and mitigating the outbreak of harmful diseases. The most important blockchain healthcare application is to keep important medical data transparent, safe and secure.
Implementing blockchain technology in ridesharing apps could remove intermediaries, such as applications like Uber, and allow for direct transactions between riders and drivers. This technology has the potential to get more people to adopt ridesharing, which is beneficial financially as well as environmentally. Blockchain can also act as a decentralized ledger where all the information is stored on computers all around the world which can be accessed and traced publicly, in order to collect data that can be used to improve the efficiency of rider routes and better navigate times of peak demand.
What have mobile apps done so far to improve people’s lives?
- Overall Productivity: With mobile apps, staying productive is easier, as apps allow users to answer emails quickly, conduct voice searches, create presentations, update to-do lists, sign and send documents and more, in no time at all. Countless work-related apps allow users to stay on top of the productivity game.
- Daily Communication: With social networking mobile apps like Facebook and Instagram for sharing posts, WhatsApp for messaging, and Skype for video calls, you can easily stay connected with all your contacts. All you need is a few simple taps on your screen! And you can communicate with your friends and family members through texts, pictures, music, emojis, and more.
- Fitness Levels: Whether you would like to eat healthily, get fit, or plan your physical fitness objectives, you can achieve all your fitness goals through fitness apps. Some apps allow you to produce a diet program, handle weight loss plans, and monitor daily routines while other apps work as personal coaches and some others sync with all the third-party devices like fitness bands, Bluetooth earphones, etc. to keep track of your physical fitness levels.
- Information in Seconds: The most important thing apps nowadays can do is provide users with the information they need within a matter of seconds. Mobile apps allow users to search for anything, anytime, anywhere. We all have this sense of urgency to find information so apps fulfill this by providing information as fast as possible.
- Simplify Daily Tasks: Mobile apps have made daily tasks increasingly easier and more convenient. Activities like buying movie tickets, getting groceries, scheduling prescription refills and depositing money have become more convenient, all thanks to mobile apps. Apps have eliminated the need to physically go to the store or the bank, instead make it possible to accomplish tasks on the go with your phone.
How does the Future of Mobile Apps Look for People’s Lives?
Mobile apps are highly popular and expected to continue for the foreseeable future. Though, the underlying technology for developing apps is changing with single codebase apps that can run on virtually all popular OS. Mobile apps continue to disrupt traditional ways of getting things done. Advances in other technologies such as data storage and blockchain will drive innovation that transforms areas as diverse as industry and healthcare.
No-code app development is on the rise, platforms like Appy Pie have grown exponentially in popularity. With the help of Appy Pie’s app builder, businesses can create apps without any technical knowledge or writing a single line of code. Appy Pie also provides a website builder and workflow automation software to reach a large share of the public.
Blockchain technology and mobile apps are helping people to do things in a faster and more comfortable way. You either love it or hate it, but mobile apps and cryptocurrency have almost taken over the whole world. Appy Pie, a no-code app development platform, allows users to create apps without writing a single line of code. With Appy Pie’s free app builder, businesses can create apps that can transform the lives of consumers.